Monday 10 March 2008

BANNED (Again!)


Paul Gregory wrote....

Due to his sustained attack on players, management and officers of the club Gavin Shaw has been banned from the Club premises and been removed from this forum.This time there is no appeal.

The above appeared on the Edgware Town Forum this morning, it follows comments made by myself formerly the Match Secretary of Edgware Town FC on this site and forum (NOT abusive) regarding Edgware's ineptitude and gutless performances not just on Saturday but since the turn of the year the powers that be or should that be 'he who thinks he has power' has decided to BAN me for a second and final time this season!

The decision comes as no surprise to me whatsoever, and only upholds by belief that Edgware Town Football Club are firmly stuck in the past, scared to death of change and run by old men for old men, nothing more then a 'workingmen's club' for the over 50!

My actions earlier this season which led to a ban in September were despite other elements at work justified and I held my hands up and got the slap on the wrist I deserved.

Having been re instated as the clubs Match Secretary, and given free reign over writing match reports which were re produced both in the local press and the Non League Paper, I fully stand by comments which I made following the debacle at Redbridge and at Brentwood on Saturday.

To show just how hypercital Mr Gregory is read his by-line from the official club site after the 0-5 defeat at Redbridge and you will see it says the same things I said on Saturday evening, thus, certain players at Edgware Town FC are not good enough for this level of football.

"A 5-0 drubbing by Redbridge on Saturday left Edgware to lick their wounds after the harsh reality of a dreadful display without the passion and commitment we have come to expect from the Edgware squad.I know we still have a number of influential players missing but the replacements are just not good enough, our limited budget does not give a lot of scope, but that is no excuse for what can only be described as the worst performance in Steve and Dels tenure over the last 3 seasons."

My comments appear to have hit a raw nerve with Mr Newing the team manager, witness his comments towards me ( I have not copied the abusive language he used towards me)

"I WILL SAY THIS ONLY ONCE - YOU ARE NO LONGER WELCOME - from all the players and management at the CLUB !!!! Steve Newing (representing the management and playing squad)"

Maybe the truth hurt, when I said and fully belive that Mr Newing does not posses the tactical nous to change things around and achive results when things are not going for the team.

Mr Newing and Mr Gregory cry about lack of budgets and funds, why if that's the case do those at the helm not get off their backsides and do something about it, how about obtaining more then ONE page of paid advertising in the match programme, how about advertising hoardings of which the ground has NONE!

What about a concerted effort to bring fresh support into the club, all of the above would require too much effort on the part of those who claim to have the clubs best efforts at heart.

Neighbours Wingate & Finchley have implemented a Junior supporters club and held family day events which saw their gates rise above the 200+

Edgware struggle to get over the 80mark, of which %99 are over the age of 50, where is the supporters of the future to maintain the club IF they had a future?

The bottom line is that those in charge know fully well the club is finished come the last match in April and are quite happy to walk away to another club or into the sunshine.

I have worked tirelessly for the club in the past three seasons, from bringing awareness to the ground closure situation to helping on matchdays and writing articles for the club both in the club programme and local press.

I am not upset, indeed I am VERY happy to be walking away I should never have lowered myself and returned to the club knowing full well that circumstances would not change.

I feel sorry for the REAL Edgware Supporters such as Mick Tate from Basingstoke ( a man who drives 150 miles round trip but was refused entry to the Edgware boardroom and denied a cup of tea!) which says all you need to know about the 'power crazed' people in charge at the club!

Mr Gregory you asked me to take charge of the club in the Summer when you leave, now who are you going to find, I dont see ANY one wanting to take on such a thankless role!!!!!

No comments: